Human Resources Department Accomplishments 2014-15
· Provided professional assistance to the City’s Chief Labor Negotiator and conducted complex research in the preparation for negotiation of successor Memoranda of Understanding with six (6) bargaining groups.
· Provided information and oversight to professional agency charged with conducting a total compensation survey in preparation for collective bargaining.
· Implemented the applicable Affordable Care Act employer-mandate provisions by 1) tracking and monitoring hours of part-time personnel 2) establishing a monthly PERS contribution as adopted by Council, 3) offering affordable health care to eligible employees.
· Contracted and worked with Executive Search Firm to conduct recruitments for Director of Finance and Fire Chief.
· Took steps to implement AB 1522, “Paid Sick Leave Law” effective July 1, 2015.
· Implemented the Automated Attendant Program in conjunction with Information Systems, outside vendor, and City Departments.
· Coordinated and administered open enrollment for all City benefit programs.
· Coordinated the annual employee benefits fair.
· Established Employment Eligibility Lists for merit system positions in an effective and efficient manner consistent with Personnel Rules and Merit Systems Ordinance.
· Processed the hiring of Recreation and Parks seasonal, part-time staff in an expeditious manner.
· Provided technical assistance and guidance to departments in managing employee leaves and disability issues.
· Provided guidance and advice in various disciplinary and performance management matters; conducted personnel investigations as appropriate.
· Provided consultation, information and assistance to management and supervisory staff on the Merit Ordinance, Personnel Rules and Regulations, Municipal Code, Administrative Code, Memoranda of Understanding, City-Wide Policies and applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
· Administered a comprehensive personnel processing program which includes handling all aspects of the pre-employment process, providing a comprehensive new hire employee orientation session, creation and maintenance of official personnel files.
· Tracked and updated the Employee Step and Longevity Increase Schedule; compiled and generated the necessary paperwork to Payroll and City departments to effect the salary changes each pay period and entered this information into the EDEN system.
· Coordinated participation in management/supervisory trainings and workshops.
· Coordinated and monitored the administration of the Workers’ Compensation Program by YORK.
· Administered a pro-active return-to-work program.
· Coordinated quarterly file reviews of workers’ compensation cases.
· Coordinated the activities of the City Safety Committee and Safety Consultant.
· Coordinated and scheduled mandatory safety training for City employees.
· Assisted City staff with health and safety issues related to the City Hall roof replacement project.
· Assisted the City’s Risk Management Consultant with annual safety inspections.
· Partnered with Recreation and Parks Department in planning, scheduling, and coordinating the Employee Service Awards.
· Renewed Professional Services Agreements with the City’s Workers’ Compensation Program Third Party Administrator, City Safety Consultant, Medical Facility, Industrial Injury and Pre-Placement Medical Facility, and Temporary Staffing Agency.