MECHANICAL PLAN CHECK REQUIRED
Before a permit may be issued, the following plans shall be filed and approved by the Building & Safety Department:
1. Installations where the aggregate BTU/H input capacity is 500,000 BTU/H (2299.3 L/W) and over for comfort heating or for comfort-cooling or for absorption units for COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS.
2. Installations where the system BTU/H input capacity is 500,000 BTU/H (2299.3 L/W) and over for comfort heating or for comfort cooling or for absorption units for RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS.
3. Smoke-control systems.
4. Any comfort-cooling compressor or refrigeration compressor for any system which contains any Group B refrigerant.
5. Any commercial cooking hood and ventilation system.
6. Engineered water heater/heating appliance vents.
Mechanical Permit Application
Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical (PME) Plan Check Questionnaire