This is a non-sworn entry level position. All new
hires are required to successfully complete a full-time P.O.S.T. Certified Police Academy of about 26 weeks duration; OR must have graduated from a P.O.S.T. certified police academy
within the 1 year period prior to filing of application; OR be currently enrolled in a full-time P.O.S.T. certified police academy with a ranking within the top 25% of your class.
Upon successful completion of the mandatory police academy, trainees may be elevated to the rank of Police Officer at the discretion of the Chief of Police. In addition, candidates
must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 20 1/2 years of age at time of written test.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent. College
related course work desired.
- Must be United States Citizen at time of filing of
- Possess a valid California Class "C" Driver's License.
- Be of proportional height to weight.
- Be physically able to handle all rigorous duties of
- Normal hearing and color perception. Minimum
vision of 20/100 in each eye, correctable to 20/20.
- Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products on or off
duty are prohibited as a condition of employment.