Candidates must meet all Commission on Peace Officer
Standards and Training requirements, must be currently employed by a state, county, municipal, or federal law enforcement agency for a minimum of 1 year and possess a California
Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate.
In addition, the following criteria is also required:
- Minimum 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Possess a valid California Class "C" Driver's License
at the time of appointment.
- Be a United States Citizen at the time of filing of
- Proportional height to weight.
- Physically able to handle the rigorous duties of police
- Normal hearing and color perception. Minimum
vision of 20/100 in each eye, correctable to 20/20.
- Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products on or off
duty is prohibited as a condition of employment.