Class III Bike Routes
Class III Bike Route Installations
Public Works recently installed 26,000 ft (4.9 miles) of bike routes on various City streets:
- El Segundo Blvd. Loma Vista St. to Main St. (via Binder Pl. & Whiting St.)
- Grand Ave. from Loma Vista St. to Duley St.
- Loma Vista from Grand Ave. to Binder Pl.
- Main St. from Imperial Highway to El Segundo Blvd.
- Nash St. from Imperial Highway to El Segundo Blvd.
- Utah Ave. From Douglas St. to Aviation Blvd.
These Class III routes, where vehicles and bicycles share travel lanes, are the easiest of the three types of routes to implement and the most economical to maintain.
This project increases bicycle ridership, as well as creates a larger base of utilitarian bicyclists including bicycle commuters, by providing safe, accessible and consistent bicycle infrastructure.