El Segundo Celebrates New City Website
New Site Vastly Improves Functionality and Design; and Top Ten Reasons to Celebrate the New El Segundo City Website
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – February 14, 2020 – The City of El Segundo officially launched its new city website today on Valentine’s Day. In addition to the new main city website, four robust and informational sub-sites for the El Segundo Fire Department, El Segundo Police Department, El Segundo Public Library and El Segundo Recreation & Parks were created. Websites to support economic development and destination/tourism were developed last year and received a refresh.
The new sites offer residents, businesses and visitors a dramatically improved user experience, state-of-the-art functionality and mobile-friendly responsiveness while focusing on city services with an image-driven modern and forward-thinking design. The websites were developed with community input and best practices for accessibility.
Top 10 reasons to love the new City of El Segundo website and celebrate the new site this Valentine’s Day:
- A new easy-to-use “Service Finder” at the top of the site helps website users find information through simple search options including: apply, contact, find, pay for, report, request, view or watch.
- Serves as a one-stop digital destination for all the latest news and events throughout El Segundo.
- Easily learn about the mission and members of the city’s vital committees, commissions and boards.
- Need a dog license? Or looking to place a banner above Main Street? Permits and applications are now all online.
- Easy to find information about all the great restaurants, theaters and museums in El Segundo.
- Learn about the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and how to become a valuable community member with knowledge in disaster preparedness and response skills.
- Get to know all the public art in El Segundo through an interactive map.
- Report an issue quickly and easily– from a pothole to graffiti. With a few clicks the issue is routed to the proper department to be handled.
- There are now more than 70 online forms to make applications, permits and requests more efficient and streamlined.
- Updated and current information added on a daily basis by the city’s departments and teams – all to keep residents and businesses informed and engaged!
“El Segundo is a hub for innovation, and our business community is technologically advanced and highly sophisticated. Our aim was to develop website that meets and exceeds the expectations of our residents and businesses. This new website is an accurate and timely source of important information, as well as, a channel to showcase the city’s accomplishments and successes. We now have a modern site that makes it easy for the community to find what they are looking for, complete transactions online and access all the services the city has to offer,” shared Mayor Drew Boyles.
The new site utilizes the latest in analytics to gauge most popular content and services to help guide future content.
“The goals for the new website were simple. We wanted to ensure the website is user-friendly, content is easy to find and information is current at all times. The color palette was carefully crafted with blue to impart trust, purple for energy and gold for warmth,” said El Segundo Deputy City Manager Barbara Voss.
In tandem with the new website, a new proactive email outbound delivery system was launched to support increased communications with the community and businesses. A new and improved intranet for city employees is in development.
“We hope to set the standard by which city websites are measured. The site has gone through a major transformation and we want to be the pacesetter for innovation and design for other city and municipality websites,” said El Segundo Information Systems Director Charles Mallory.
The website project was a multi-department collaboration effort with internal team representatives from the city’s various departments including the City Manager/City Council/City Attorney, City Clerk, City Treasury, Finance, Human Resources, Fire Department, Information Systems, Library, Planning & Building Safety, Police Department, Public Works and Recreation & Parks. Guidance was provided by the Information Systems Department’s Technology Committee and Website Sub-Committee. The site was developed in partnership with Granicus, a company that provides cloud-based solutions for government communications and website design.
“El Segundo leads the nation by putting people at the center of its digital offerings,” said Mark Hynes, CEO at Granicus. “El Segundo’s world-class digital transformation roadmap, powered by Granicus, includes a mobile-first website, integrated resident communications and service delivery, and transparent online access to public meeting information – all orchestrated to modernize citizen interactions, drive efficiency, and improve community outcomes. We are a proud partner in El Segundo’s ongoing efforts to drive continued innovation in their operations and engagement strategies.”
About El Segundo:
El Segundo is a coastal community in the south bay region of Los Angeles County. Recognized as a long standing hub for aerospace, it is renowned for maintaining a quaint, small town atmosphere as well as a thriving business environment that caters to some of the world’s most prestigious corporations. El Segundo is home to the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Air Force Base and the award-winning Los Angeles Times.