Low Graphics Version     
How Do I...VisitingLivingWorkingDepartmentsCalendarsServices
Homepage > Departments > Library > FAQE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Online Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How Can I Renew Materials?

          A. Library materials can be renewed online at My Account, or by phone at 310-524-2722.

Q. How Do I Place a Hold on Material?

A. Holds may be placed on checked-out library material, with the exception of movies. You can place a hold either by calling the Information Desk at 310-524-2728, or by using the online library catalog and clicking on the “Request” button. 

Q. How Do I Make Copies?

A. Copies can be made at the public copier/scanner located near the main floor Reference Desk.  Black and white copies are $0.20 cents per page and color copies are $1.00 per page.  Copies can also be made from a mobile device.  Call 310-524-2728 for more information.  

Q. How do I get a Library Card?

A.  You need to fill out a library card application form at our front Circulation Desk, or bring in a printed copy from our library’s website, and present one piece of identification with a current address, such as a driver’s license or utility bill, to show proof of your residency. Library cards are free for California residents. Please call the Library Circulation Desk at 310-524-2722 for more information.

Q. How Long Can I Keep Materials?

A. Most materials are loaned for a period of three weeks. Movies are loaned for seven days. For more circulation rules and guidelines, please call the Circulation Desk at 310-524-2722.

Q. How Do I Volunteer at the Library? 
A. The El Segundo Public Library offers a variety opportunities to people interested in volunteering in their community.  Potential volunteer work includes helping the 
                Friends of the Library in their fund-raising activities, serving as a literacy tutor helping adults learn to read, or helping with various library-related projects.  To learn 
                more about how you can volunteer at the library, stop by the Reference Desk to pick up a volunteer application, or call 310-524-2732.

Q. Does the Library Carry Any Tax Forms?

A. Yes. From January-April we carry a selection of Federal and California State Tax Forms free to the public. Tax forms may also be obtained online from the IRS or the California State Franchise Tax Board.

Q. Do You Have Computers for Public Use?

A. Yes. We have fifteen public internet stations for adult use and four internet stations specifically for children. Contact our Information Desk at 310-524-2728 for further information regarding sign-up procedures.

Q. Do You Have a Meeting Room Available?

A. Yes. The Sue Carter Friends of the El Segundo Public Library Community Room can hold up to 80 people and the Rose Garden/Gazebo Room can hold up to 14 people.  Please go to the CivicRec page to see rental policies and rates, and to reserve a meeting room.

Q. Do You Allow Local Businesses, Groups or Artists to Display Their Works?

A. Yes, they may apply to display their collections, crafts and/or artwork in the library. For more information, contact Roz Templin at 310-524-2773. Click here for the artwork display application form.

Ask a question not found here

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 City of El Segundo, 350 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 · 310-524-2300 | Website Privacy Policy. Powered by