Low Graphics Version     
How Do I...VisitingLivingWorkingDepartmentsCalendarsServices
Homepage > ... > Building & Safety > When Is Plan Check Required? > Building Plan Check RequiredE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Online Services

Building Plan Check Required


Before a permit may be issued, the following plans shall be filed and approved by the Building & Safety Department:

  • Single-Family New Building(s)
  • Single-Family Additions or Remodels
  • Commercial New Building(s)
  • Commercial Additions or Remodels / Tenant Improvements (TI)

  • Change Of Use
  • Change of Use To A Restaurant
  • Miscellaneuos Permits:
    • Sign Permit
    • Roof Permit
    • Fence Permit
    • Retaining Wall Permit
    • Shoring

To apply for a Miscellaneous Permit, please fill out a Building Permit Application and submit three (3) sets of plans to the Building & Safety Department.
To apply for a Certificate of Occupancy, please fill out a Certificate of Occupancy Application and contact the Building & Safety Department (310) 524-2300 for submittal instructions.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 City of El Segundo, 350 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 ¬∑ 310-524-2300 | Website Privacy Policy. Powered by