The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining important documents, such as public information, contracts, resolutions, ordinances and the El Segundo Municipal Code.
In addition to supervising elections, the City Clerk’s Office supports the City Council, Committees, Commissions and Boards by advising on legislative procedures and coordinating and distributing agendas and minutes.
The City Clerk’s Office:
- Maintains the City’s legislative history
- Coordinates municipal elections
- Ensures legislative compliance
- Preserves all official City records and documents
- Administers oaths of office
- Prepares legal notices and publications
- Facilitates applications for Committees, Commissions and Boards
- Manages filings related to financial disclosures
- Validates filings for candidates and elected officials