El Segundo City Hall will reopen Monday, July 6th at 7 a.m. with safety precautions in place. Click here for City Hall phone numbers, emails, appointment requests or here for daily info and resources. 


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To file a legal claim against the City of El Segundo you must complete a Claim Form and submit it to the City Clerk’s Office. Claim forms are also available in the City Clerk's Office at City Hall, 350 Main Street.

The City of El Segundo is prohibited from providing you with legal advice. The California Government Code, beginning with Section 900, outlines claims against public entities.

Please note:

  • Claims relating to causes of action for death or injury to a person or damage to personal property or growing crops must be presented to the City no later than six months after the incident date.
  • Claims relating to any cause of action other than those for death or injury to a person or damage to personal property must be presented no later than one year after the incident date (California Government Code Section 911.2)
  • Once claims are received by the City Clerk's Office, claims are referred for recommendation to the City's administrator of Liability Claims - Adminsure
  • Your claim form is generally your only opportunity to present information you wish the City to consider.
  • Adminsure will make a recommendation to the City based upon the information obtained and the laws of California

Questions? Please contact the City Clerk's Office for assistance.