Visitors and hoteliers alike will find a warm welcome in the City of El Segundo. We place a high value on our relationships with the local hospitality community, which is why our tax procedures are designed to make remitting taxes quick and easy.
El Segundo has contracted with The HdL Companies to provide business-friendly assistance with filing and paying Transient Occupancy Taxes. The HdL Support Center can assist you with any aspect of transient occupancy tax, including return filing, payment, compliance and general support for your tax filing needs.
- Any person who occupies or is entitled to occupancy for 30 days or less is defined as a transient
- If your property is located within the City of El Segundo and is rented to transient occupants for 30 calendar days or less, you must register, collect and remit the TOT to the City of El Segundo
- Our TOT, applicable to all properties rented to transients, is currently 12%, one of the lowest in Los Angeles County
Transient occupancy tax returns may be submitted online or by U.S. mail.
Our online filing and payment portal makes filing and paying your Transient Occupancy Tax easy.
To file online, go the TOT Support website and follow the steps below:
- Select Start Now to begin.
- Select Renew to file your return.
- Attach a copy of your completed TOT return and exemption form.
Payments can also be made by electronic check. There are no additional fees for electronic check (e-Check) payments.
Download the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Return Form. Mail your completed TOT forms and payments to the address below.
City of El Segundo
TOT Processing Center
8839 N Cedar Ave. #212
Fresno, CA 93720
Please make checks payable to the City of El Segundo.