To apply for Planning Entitlements, please download and complete a Planning Application.
This application must be returned with all required materials and fees for the application to be submitted.
Current fees (2019-2020) can be found in the Planning and Building Safety Fee Schedule.
Depending on the nature of a project, an approval may be issued by the Director of Planning and Building Safety, the Planning Commission or the City Council. The Planning Commission is composed of five residents, appointed by the City Council to review matters such as Use Permits, Variances and higher-level planning and zoning decisions. Larger or more complex development projects involving General Plan or Zoning Amendments and Zone Changes are reviewed by the Planning Commission and City Council.
Prior to submitting, please view our application guides that provide more information for specific application types.
Planning Application Guides:
- Administrative Determination (Please email a letter describing your request)
- Administrative Use Permit
- Coastal Development Permit
- Community Benefit Plan (Coming soon)
- Conditional Use Permit
- Development Agreement
- Downtown Design Review
- Environmental Assessment
- General Plan Amendment
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Parking Demand Study
- Precise Plan Amendment
- Preliminary Review (Coming soon)
- Site Plan Review (Coming soon)
- Wireless Communications Facilities Permit (Major)
- Wireless Communications Facilities Permit (Minor)
- Zone Text Amendment
- Zone Change
For additional questions regarding any of these applications, please contact us.